How to Document Debt Collectors’ Calls
***Use this CALL LOG to document collection calls ***
Abusive debt collectors use the phone as a weapon to harass and intimidate you. They may call at early, late or otherwise inconvenient hours. They may call you at work or call your family members. And they may call repeatedly – even after you ask them over the phone to stop.
The Florida Debt Fighters can help you put a stop to this harassment. And you can help us to help you. You can document every call you receive.
- Date and time of each call
- Phone number of the debt collector (check your caller ID)
- Company name used by the debt collector
- Source of the debt (for instance, a medical bill, credit card bill, mortgage, auto loan).
Also, you can document everything the debt collector said to you, including:
- Threatening actions that the debt collector had no authority to pursue
- Misrepresenting the legal status of your debt
- Making a false offer to settle your account.
In addition to keeping this phone log, the Florida Debt Fighters encourage you to save all letters and e-mails that you receive from debt collectors. We can review these collection letters and your call log when we review your case.
Feel free to call us for a free case review. We can determine if your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) or other state and federal laws have been violated. Ultimately, we can get to work on taking proper action on your behalf.
Don’t wait. Protect your rights. Contact us right away.